Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Nature of Dark

"I love you" said the Dark to the Light
"Even when you destroy me,
I love you for that very reason
which makes me your vanquished,
And makes you my conquerer."

"I love you when you lift my cloak,
And peel off layer after layer of my skin.
When your warmth branches through my being like veins;
Like cracks in a glass poised on the edge of collapse.
I love you with a million eyes shining above me,
And a million eyes looking up from below,
Marvelling at your beauty, Light,
But their gazes pierce right through me
As if I'm not there.

"I love you Light, and it kills me each day,
And each night I pray to be murdered again.
To stand my ground for once and, come what may,
Fade into non-existence with open arms,
Embrace you, but I don't dare.  I swear
By the silence that is older than me,
And the vastess it claimed before we were born,
That I love you Light."

"I don't blame you for not trusting me.
I've run away countless times before.
And every time you see me creeping
Back over the places you'd left,
Hiding behind the corners waiting for you to depart,
Sulking inside windowless rooms,
Behind keyless  doors, In the cold and damp.
In all of these, because I love you light, I stay.
That's what keeps me around the corners,
That's why I inhabit those rooms.
That's why I put up with the cold.
Because I love you light.
It's in my nature." 

No comments:

Post a Comment